Join our Team! Contact Steve Schauder, Executive Director, to apply.
Billing Specialist/ Receptionist
Jewish Family Service of Greater Harrisburg is a great place to work! We are well-established, highly respected, growing, and diverse social services agency serving all members of the Greater Harrisburg area. Our mission is to help all community members meet life’s challenges and our staff is as diverse and inclusive as our programs. We are a forward-thinking mental health and social service agency dedicated to helping people achieve their full potential and we believe in building a healthy, supportive workplace, where everyone looks forward to coming to work and knows that they are making a difference!
1. Processes insurance claims accurately and in a timely manner
2. Prepares insurance forms and associated correspondence
3. Trains other staff in proper billing procedures
4. Assists patients in preparing insurance forms. Answers patient questions about unpaid balances. Verifies balances and refunds for accuracy
5. Follows up with insurance companies ensuring that claims are paid
6. Maintains files with insurance authorization and referral slips
7. Maintains strict confidentiality related to medical records and other data
8. Participates in professional development efforts to ensure currency in health care practices and trends
9. Researches all information needed to complete billing process including getting charge information from Therapist
10. Codes information about procedures performed and diagnosis on charge.
11. Keys charge information into entry program and produces billing
12. Processes and distributes copies of billings according to Jewish Family Service policies
13. Works with other staff to follow-up on accounts until zero balance.
14. Assists error resolution
15. Assists with patient collections as needed
16. Work with patient to develop self-pay arrangements and payment plans.
17. Greet visitors and clients as the enter the office
18. Responding to all visitors and client’s inquiries in a polite and timely manner
19. Maintains required billing records, reports, files
20. Maintain open communication with the Clinical Director and Therapist Staff, about all web-related responsibilities and concerns
21. Other duties as assigned
Company Culture as:
1. Detail-oriented- quality and precision focused
2. Outcome oriented- results focused with powerful performance culture
3. People oriented- supportive and fairness focused
4. Team oriented- cooperative, and collaborative
Competitive wages; Flexible hours
Medical/Dental/Optical Benefits after 30 days
Ability to work from home
Strong Front Office Support for Billing
Free Life Insurance plan
403b plan option with Lincoln Financial
Affordable Short-Term Disability Insurance
Competitive Vacation/Sick leave
Six (6) National Holidays and between 4-10 Jewish holidays off per year
Membership to the Harrisburg JCC which includes a gym and swim club
Interested applicants must be vaccinated against COVID-19 to apply and should submit a cover letter.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $42,000.00 – $47,000.00 per year
8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
All employees are required to wear a mask in the office at all times, unless in a private office. Office is clean and sanitized regularly.
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Medical billing: 3 years (Required)
Computer skills: 5 years (Required)
Medical receptionist: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: One location